I had this Quinoa Tabouli Salad recipe given to me by a fellow Dietitian and it is delicious. Perfect to take along to a weekend barbecue or have with dinner as it starts to warm up and cool, crunchy salads are the perfect dish!
Quinoa Tabouli Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 Lebanese cucumber’s cut in small pieces
- Kernels of 1 large corn cob (blanched)
- 1 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup first cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt & cracked black pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions for Quinoa
- Cover 1 cup of quinoa with water and let soak 8-12hrs or overnight.
- Wash and drain quinoa.
- Bring 1 ½ cups water to the boil with a pink of salt.
- Add quinoa and cover. Bring back to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 25min with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the stove and allow to steam in the pot for another 10-15mins.
- In a large bowl mix cooked quinoa, oil, lemon juice and seasoning and with a fork, separate the grains and mix well.
- Add herbs through the quinoa mix.
- Add corn, cucumber and spring onion and mix well.
- Place cherry tomato halves on top of the salad to serve.
Recipe adapted from Virgina Corpus-McDermot of Kitchen Vitality http://www.kitchenvitality.com/