Let’s make eating well work for you and your lifestyle
Looking to consult a nutritionist or dietitian about your health? Or been referred by your specialist or GP? The Tree of Life Nutrition team are nutritionists and qualified Accredited Practising Dietitians (APD). We are dedicated to supporting you in your journey to great health. Our consultation protocol is highly personalised. We learn about you and your lifestyle. That way, we can provide the best dietary advice and strategies which you can sustain.
You might need clarity around your lifestyle and food choices. Or intense nutritional therapy and dietetic support for a complex condition. Our 27 years of experience in practice mean we can provide you with expert service at every level. We also offer complementary services in Psychology and Exercise Physiology. Our Exercise Physiologist is a known specialist in exercise prescription for chronic disease management and rehabilitation. Our Psychologist has 13 years of experience helping clients with a range of health and wellbeing issues, including relationships, assertiveness training, workplace wellbeing, depression and sports performance.
Our clinic is based in Woolloongabba (South Brisbane) with satellite clinics across both sides of the river. We also offer online consults. Our practice has been operating for 27 years, and we are very experienced in helping you reach a whole range of health goals with expert dietary guidance.
What dietary guidance do you need?
Newly diagnosed with a disorder or chronic disease or managing a special condition? Tree of Life Nutrition are specialists in treating complex, challenging conditions where dietary guidance is required. We understand this can be a time of great upheaval. Our aim is to help you navigate your diet and lifestyle into a ‘new normal’ as quickly as possible. Having good advice and a dietary plan of action can help. We have a wealth of advice to share and we do that in a realistic and caring way.
Do you need some general guidance towards better nutrition and overall health? We have great evidence-based advice for people of all ages who are looking to achieve a balanced diet and healthy weight in an easy and sustainable way. If you are looking for a great meal plan for yourself or the family, we can also work with you to create healthy and sustainable menus over 7-21 days.
Help for a wide range of conditions
- Weight Loss/ Weight Gain (adults and children)
- Gut Microbiome health
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Coeliac Disease
- Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Fatty Liver and Liver Disease
Disease and disorder management
- Impaired Glucose Intolerance
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Under-Active Thyroid and Hashimotos
- Eating Disorders
- Nutrient Deficiencies
- PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- Endometriosis (pain management)
- Pregnancy and Lactation
- Gestational Diabetes
Other specialty areas
- Mediterranean Diet
- Childhood Nutrition
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Should I consult a nutritionist or a dietitian?
For individual consultations in a clinical setting, and advice on your diet you should consult a nutritionist who is also a dietitian (APD). Nutritionists alone are not able to offer clinical advice. In a medical setting, and to treat and prevent chronic disease, it is important to choose a qualified dietitian (APD). Being an APD means we can also provide you with medical advice as it relates to your diet. This includes medical nutrition therapy. Our Tree of Life dietetic team are nutrition scientists, which means we have also undertaken additional study in health science majoring in food and nutrition. We can provide lots of evidence-based advice on food and how it may impact your health. It is important to note that there is no regulation on the title of ‘nutritionist.’
A nutrition and dietetic consultation will involve an initial consult (extended for complex cases) as well as potentially a series of follow up or review appointments. You can book your first consultation at our Woolloongabba clinic, or at one of our satellite clinics across Brisbane. You can also book an online consult at any time.
The process with your dietitian may involve:
- Anthropometric Assessment
- Weight and Height
- Body Mass index
- Measurements (Abdominal, Waist, Hip, others as required)
- Comparisons to healthy recommendations
- Dietary Assessment & Reporting
- 24-hour food recall and assessment (and/or food diary review)
- Goal setting anthropometric and dietary
- Specialised computer nutrition analysis (if required) with Foodworks
- A detailed explanation of any recommendations we make to you
- Necessary supply of supporting dietary literature
- Recommendations for lifestyle, shopping, cooking and food choices
- An individualised meal plan to help you reach your goals
- Standard Initial $150, 30 minutes
- Extended Initial $185, 45 minutes (Eating disorders, newly diagnosed Coeliacs, Endometriosis, PCOS, menopause, fertility and autoimmune patients or patients requiring extended time)
- Standard Review $120, 30 minutes
- Extended Review $150, 45 minutes
- Subsequent $70, 15 minutes
- Subsequent Extended $120, 30 minutes
- Pensioners $140, $100, $65
- Standard Initial $150, 45 minutes
- Standard Review $100, 30 minutes
- Subsequent $70, 15 minutes
- Pensioners $140, $90, $65
- Standard Initial $130, 45 minutes
- Standard Review $90, 30 minutes
- Subsequent $65, 15 minutes
- Pensioners $115, $80, $60
End-to-End Dietitian Services
- Supermarket tour $150
- Full diet analysis and report $150
- Meal plan design $150 for 7-day meal plan
- Meal plan design for 1 day (includes 2-3 options for each meal) $100
- Cooking demonstrations $95
NDIS fees for consults and services:
- Initial 1 hour: $190
- Review 30 min: $120
- Supermarket tour: $190
- 7-day meal plan: $190
There may be rebates available depending on your circumstances. Here is a list of the general rebates and their applications to our consults. This may vary depending on your location and is based on our standard rates:
Private Health Fund – rebates apply to all consultations
DVA Gold Card – Nil out of pocket expense 15-45 minutes. (Referrals are required)
Medicare Care Plan – consultations are billed at standard fees as above (Referrals are required)
Medicare Rebate – a Medicare rebate of $53.80 per session applies.
Note: Medicare Bulk billing may apply for those in financial difficulty. Please speak to our reception staff at the time of booking if this may apply to you.
Telehealth consultations with a medicare care plan will be bulk-billed.
*Please note that fees may vary depending on location and the information above is based on our standard rates. Please call reception for more information on 07 3891 6199
For GP or specialist referral, please fax to:
Tree of Life Nutrition
Taylor Medical Centre
Level 1, Suite 10b
40 Annerley Rd
Phone (07) 3891 6199
Fax: (07) 3392 2120
Or email [email protected]
Please indicate the patient’s preferred location
- Camp Hill
- Ferny Hills
- Garden City Medical Centre
- Spring Hill
- Wynnum West
To check our location addresses, please visit our contact page.