Turkey is a great option, and the breast meat is low in fat, tender and delicious. This beautiful recipe for Apple and Thyme Turkey Breast is very moreish. A gorgeous stuffing filled with grated apple, thyme, sage, pecans and apricots.
Apple & Thyme Turkey Breast
- 3kg boneless turkey breast
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 green apple, grated
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- With the turkey skin-side down spread the stuffing evenly along the breast. Fold the breast in and tie at regular intervals with kitchen string.
- Place the turkey in a large baking dish and bake for 2-2 ½ hours or until cooked through.