Make these Chewy Honey and Oatmeal Biscuits for a sweet treat that’s also packed with fibre. Wholemeal flour and oats with the sweetness of chopped dates and honey.
Chewy Honey and Oatmeal Biscuits
- 2 ½ tablespoons low fat Nuttelex or low fat cooking margarine
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup oats
- ½ cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cream table spread with sugar until soft. Beat in egg, add honey and cinnamon mix flour.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, oats and dates. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 16 heaped spoonfuls and place onto the trays, leaving space in between for spreading.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. The biscuits should be slightly soft to touch when removing from oven. Cool for 5 minutes on baking tray. Biscuits can be stored in sealed container for 2 days.
|Kilojoules||351/84cal per serve|
|Protein||1.6g per serve|
|Total fat||2.3g per serve|
|Carbohydrates||13.8g per serve|