That’s right. Zucchini porridge. I can already assume what you’re thinking… but just hear me out! This porridge is one of the creamiest you will taste AND you get an extra serve of veggies into your day! It’s packed with fibre and everything you need to power you through until lunch.
Zucchini Porridge Recipe
- 1 small zucchini (grated)
- 1 banana (chopped)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of oat bran
- Honey (to taste – I usually go with one or two teaspoons)
- Almond milk
- Optional extas (flaked almonds/chia seeds/berries)
- Combine grated zucchini, oat bran and almond milk. I’d use enough to cover the zucchini and oat bran but you can adjust depending on how thick or running you prefer your porridge.
- Micro-wave until the mixture starts to bubble (be careful it doesn’t overflow the bowl!)
- Stir and repeat until it thickens to desired consistency. I prefer mine a little thicker than custard.
- Stir through honey then top with chopped banana and cinnamon
Ta-da! There you have it – creamy, toasty porridge perfect for these cooler May mornings. Also vegetarian and vegan friendly!
The humble Zucchini is high in manganese, vitamin C and fibre whilst also containing vitamin B6 and potassium. It’s great for those watching their weight and wanting to prevent disease and infection.