This healthy Ricotta Christmas Cake recipe is deliciously moist. Abundant with fruit and delicately spiced it has all the flavours of Christmas. But, its made on wholemeal flour, sweetened with honey and juice. A fantastic healthier way to get your slice of Christmas!
Healthy Ricotta Christmas Cake
- 250gm ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1.5kg mixed fruit
- ½ cup red glace cherries
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 1½ cups juice (orange/pineapple – unsweetened)
- 2¾ cups SR Flour sifted
- ½ cup plain wholemeal flour, sifted
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tabs brandy
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- Combine ricotta, bicarb, fruit, honey, almonds and juice in saucepan and simmer for 5 mins.
- Allow to cool.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in brandy and water.
- Spoon mixture into lined 23cm square tin.
- Bake 160-170C for 2-2½ hours (test with skewer).
- If desired sprinkle hot cake with extra brandy and wrap in towel until cool.