There’s no better way to get your serve of vegetables than with a gorgeous ratatoille. So simple, but bursting with natural flavours of Mediterranean vegetables!
- 1 Large or 2 small eggplants diced
- 8 Cloves of garlic fried in olive oil til golden
- ½ White onion (diced)
- ½ Spanish onion (diced)
- 1 Medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 Large tomato (diced)
- 300ml of chopped, peeled Italian tomatoes or prepared bottle of pasta sauce
- 10 Basil leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- In a heavy based pot add oil, eggplant, onions, zucchini, 4 cloves of garlic, fresh chopped tomatoes and basil. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat until vegetables soften.
- Add tomato pasta sauce and cook for 1 hour until evenly come together in a sauce.
- Serve with grilled lamb, fish or chicken.
- Use as a pasta sauce or in lasagne.