These Herbed Lamb Burgers are especially delicious when teamed with the gorgeous avocado and red onion relish. Watch them all dig into this perfect homemade “takeaway.”
Herbed Lamb Burgers
- Wholemeal/multi-grain bun
- Salad Leaves
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin, roasted
- ¼ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Low-fat plain yoghurt mixed with 1 tbs each of chopped fresh parsley, mint and sprinkled with cumin.
Avocado and red onion relish
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- ½ fresh green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs flat-leaf parsley
- Mix lamb, spring onions, garlic, chilli and half the herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Knead in cumin and breadcrumbs. Form mixture into 8 patties and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Make the salsa by mixing together avocado, onion, cucumber, chilli, mint, lemon juice and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, taste, and add more lemon juice and/or sugar if necessary. Add parsley.
- Cook patties on preheated barbecue hotplate for 10-15 minutes, turning, once. Serve in multigrain/wholemeal bun with salad leaves.